Author: Signal Staff
- The Lone Star State has long lagged the national average in voter turnout. A 2017 Nonprofit VOTE/U.S. Elections Project report noted Texas ...
- Photo: Harris County Fire Marshall Republican leadership in Texas is now scurrying to cover its tracks. A second chemical explosion rocked the ...April 3, 2019
- Photo: Jaimie Meldrum/Handout via REUTERS The physical fire is out but the legal one is just getting started. The lawsuits against the ...
- Photo by Damon Winter/New York Times U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday sued the Federal Election Commission (FEC) to be able to raise funds ...April 1, 2019
- Photo by Mark Lambie/ El Paso Times Amid a sea of American flags checkering downtown El Paso, Beto O’Rourke formally launched his ...March 30, 2019
- Photo credit: Daniel Acker / Reuters Welcome to the first installment of our newsletter. As a brand new media startup, we’re wading ...
- Criminal justice reform in Texas is personal to Tarsha Jackson. Her special needs son, Marquieth, was just 10 years old when he ...
- In a jam-packed recreational center on the campus of Texas Southern University, one of the nation’s premier historically black colleges, U.S. Senator ...March 23, 2019
- The Big News Beto O’Rourke confirmed to an El Paso TV station he is running for President. “I’m really proud of what…El ...March 13, 2019
- Some stereotypes are true. The one about Texas Republicans struggling with the state’s changing demographics is one of them. In the free-wheeling ...March 26, 2019
- May 23, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe