Author: Signal Staff
- What had been politically damaging for Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner for months may have been resolved last week with the swipe of ...May 20, 2019
- This story has been updated throughout. Where things stand (5/19) For those who want to expand the opportunity for eligible Texans to ...May 19, 2019
- Photo: Democratic State Rep. Rafael Anchia of Dallas sports a pink scarf in solidarity with Planned Parenthood. Photo by Rep. Caesar Blanco. ...May 18, 2019
- Photo: Jose Luis Magana—AP President Trump unveiled a new merit-based immigration policy Thursday, which was met with “underwhelming” reviews from Republicans and ...
- Courtesy of the Defender Network If you live in the City of Houston, you’ve likely noticed protracted political, public relations and legal ...
- Photo by Ana Isabel Update 5/15: The Jones campaign raised $100,000 on the day of her announcement. VoteVets endorsed her. Gina Ortiz ...
- Editor’s note: This story comes from Dallas’ KERA, reported by Bill Zeeble. In their first debate since the May 4 election, Dallas ...
- On Tuesday, the Harris County Commissioner’s Court unanimously approved a budget of up to $3.9 million for the county’s 2020 U.S. Census ...
- MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow said on her show Monday that Texas is a “wildcard for Democrats” in the 2020 election. The liberal lioness ...May 13, 2019
- Here they go again. Certain Republicans in the Texas Senate are again distracting themselves with an issue even most Republicans don’t care ...
- May 23, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe