Author: Signal Staff
- The 37-year-old mayor from the Midwest, Pete Buttigieg, officially announced his campaign for President on Sunday. During his speech in South Bend, ...April 14, 2019
- Photo by Rodger Mallison/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/TNS On Wednesday, Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro told supporters in San Antonio that he’s looking forward ...
- So much for staying out of the discriminatory culture wars this legislative session. The Texas Senate passed a bill that many deem ...
NEW: Harris County files U.S. Supreme Court brief opposing Trump Administration’s immigrant purge from CensusHarris County filed a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday opposing the Trump Administration’s efforts to include a citizenship question ...April 1, 2019
- Photo by Rodger Mallison/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/TNS Democratic presidential Julián Castro today proposed his plan to overhaul the nation’s immigration system. The former ...April 2, 2019
- The Lone Star State has long lagged the national average in voter turnout. A 2017 Nonprofit VOTE/U.S. Elections Project report noted Texas ...March 28, 2019
- Photo: Harris County Fire Marshall Republican leadership in Texas is now scurrying to cover its tracks. A second chemical explosion rocked the ...April 3, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe