Author: Fernando Ramirez
Abortion, voting rights, anti-LGBT: Republicans revert back to their natural position as culture warriorsWith the final day of the 86th Texas Legislature less than a week away, the Republican-controlled Legislature has been hard at work ...May 21, 2019
- Photo: David Phillip/AP Spoiler: Zero on the gun safety side of things. On May 18, 2018, a 17-year-old high school student opened ...May 15, 2019
- Dozens of Houston area elected officials and their constituents met outside of Houston on Wednesday to discuss the threat of a storm ...May 16, 2019
- Photo is from August 25, 2017. GOES-16 Visible Satellite Image, just as Harvey, a Category 4 Hurricane, was about to make landfall. ...
- Photo: Getty Images The Texas woman who made national headlines for her 5-year sentencing for illegally voting is being represented by some ...
- A new study says a higher share of Mexican migrants arriving in Texas have college degrees. The number of college-educated Mexican migrants ...
- May 23, 2019
The Texas Signal is a progressive media company. Our mission is to build a first-of-its kind media ecosystem in Texas to help get the progressive message out – to give Democrats a media signal. Right now, that signal flickers in and out while conservatives dominate the media landscape. Meanwhile, traditional news outlets in Texas are closing or downsizing.
Subscribing to the Texas Signal is free.
You’ll get our newsletter delivered to your inbox weekly that includes a speed round of our best work and exclusive content on progressive politics in Texas.Subscribe